Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Wicklow...Hells No!

I grew-up in False Creek and really want to give The Wicklow a positive review, for sentimental reasons. I was a regular at The Wicklow's predecessor, Stamps Landing, which was borne of local Expo 86 development within South False Creek. Stamps Landing went out of business about two years ago and, sadly, I will never be a regular at this recent incarnation.

Everyone mentions how wonderful the view is from The Wicklow's west-facing window seats and patio, but few mention that the cheapest pint at this "pub" is $6.00. I have also spoken to many individuals who defend the food quality at this bar, but the entrees at The Wicklow are more expensive and of lesser quality than choice selections that you can find on Main Street, or even Broadway.

I have patronized The Wicklow between 7-10 times, and I will never be back after the experience I had tonight. The music was obnoxious, the place was filled with macho muscleheads who were ensconced for UFC 118, the service was brusque, and those $6.00 Rickard's left a bad taste in my mouth. If you are looking for a local pub with outstanding views, I would recommend that you mosey down to the Backstage Lounge on Granville Island. 



Keywords: "ABC Dawkins", "False Creek"

No comments:

Post a Comment