Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cafe Bica in the Armoury District

As the most recent addition to the newly-established 'Armoury District' in Kits, Cafe Bica is a welcome addition to this emerging neighbourhood that is growing between Fir and Burrard, bordered by 4th Avenue. There are several business and land owners in this area, including the proprietors of East India Carpets, who are making a huge effort to transform this sleepy section of Vancouver into a hub for interior design and architectural services. Have you ever wondered what enables those architects and contractors to work on projects for 16 hours a day? Coffee! This is where Bica comes in.

About two years ago, a small cafe at 1st and Fir opened called the More Please Cafe. I knew the owner, and I blogged about it, but it only stayed open for 16 months due to poor walk-in traffic and an unfortunate tenancy battle. I live and work in this area, and I absolutely detest having to rely upon the local Starbucks for my daily caffeine fix. You can imagine how happy I was to hear that a new cafe would be opening up in tha hood by 2011.

Offering sandwiches, a wide variety of beverages, and freedom from those pesky corporate coffee chains, Cafe Bica is sleek and simple. Next time you head down to Granville Island, take some time to wander around this new and trendy neighbourhood. Two of my favourite stores are in this area already: Lattimer Gallery and Les Amis du Fromage. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment